NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIBERS PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU ARE AUTOMATICALLY ENTERED INTO THIS PROMOTION. THE PROMOTION IS ONLY OPEN TO REGISTERED NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIBERS AND YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO ANYTHING FURTHER TO ENTER THE PROMOTION.
OFFICIAL RULES FOR SWEEPSTAKES AND CONTESTS
FOR SUNDANCE CHANNEL NEWSLETTER MEMBERS
From time to time Sundance Channel, L.L.C. (“Sundance” or “Sponsor”) may conduct contests, sweepstakes and/or other giveaways (individually and collectively, “Promotion”) on its sundancechannel.com website (the “Site”) for registered members who are subscribers of Sundance Channel newsletters. Unless specifically noted otherwise by Sponsor, these terms and conditions shall serve as the official rules for any such Promotion conducted by Sponsor. Sponsor may terminate, extend, suspend or alter any Promotion in its sole discretion.
FROM TIME TO TIME SPONSOR WILL CONDUCT PROMOTIONS THAT REQUIRE ADDITONAL RULES WILL BE POSTED ON THE SITE.
1. ENTRY: No purchase necessary to participate or win. A purchase will not improve one's chances of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local taxes apply. You must be a registered member of the Site and subscriber to the newsletter for which the Promotion is being conducted to participate in the Promotion. Unless otherwise specified by Sponsor, you will be automatically entered into each Promotion. Only one prize per person, household, email address and/or username will be allowed in any sixty (60) day period. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the e-mail account will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is the natural person in whose name the e-mail address has been issued. A selected winner may be asked to provide Sponsor with proof that the selected winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
2. ELIGIBILITY: To participate, you must be a legal US resident, thirteen (13) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of Sundance, and its sponsors and advertising agencies, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and/or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, grandchildren, or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Sponsor’s clock will be the official time keeper for all Promotions.
(a) Unless otherwise specified in the Promotion, winners will be chosen in a random drawing conducted by Sponsor.
(b) Winners will be notified within five (5) business days following the conclusion of the Promotion via e-mail and/or telephone. If a winner does not respond to such notification within five (5) business days and/or does not meet the stated eligibility requirements, such winner will be disqualified and Sundance reserves the right to randomly select an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries received for the applicable Promotion. Winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and, where legally permissible, a publicity release and/or provide other personal or tax information. (or if any winner is a minor, signed by the parent or legal guardian of the winner). Winners will have five (5) business days to provide all such information and to execute and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and publicity release (if required by Sundance). By entering, participants in the Promotion release the Released Parties (defined below) from any claims, losses, injuries or damages of any kind resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or the use or receipt of any prizes. The failure to comply with the foregoing requirements or the return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may cause the winner to forfeit their prize and Sundance reserves the right to select an alternate winner. Sponsor’s decisions concerning selection of winners, as well as all other matters relating to any Promotion, are final and binding. Odds of winning a Promotion will depend on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable Promotion.
4. PRIZES: The number and value of prizes awarded in any Promotion will vary, but in no event will the total of value of any prizes awarded in any Promotion exceed $550. Prizes may not be substituted, transferred or assigned except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize includes only what is specified in the prize description. Winners of concert/event tickets must be available to attend such concert/event on the date specified or another winner will be selected by Sponsor. A minor winner must attend Sponsor will not consider or fulfill any requests for additional or alternate prizes, including but not limited to requests for additional tickets, upgrades and/or alternate dates or seating.
5. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY: ENTRANTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, SPONSOR AND ITS RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES (INCLUDING DEATH) TO ANY PERSON, OR PROPERTY, OF ANY KIND RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION CONDUCTED BY SPONSOR.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Illegible, unintelligible or incomplete entries or responses will be disqualified. The Released Parties are not responsible for any lost, late, misdirected, stolen or undelivered entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical, network, electronic, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any materials related to any Promotion. The Released Parties are not responsible for incomplete, garbled or delayed Internet/e-mail computer entries or for any malfunction or technical errors occurring on the Site on which a Promotion is conducted. In the event that technical or other circumstances compromise a Promotion, Sundance reserves the right to cancel, modify or terminate the Promotion, and/or to select winners for prizes from all eligible entries received prior to the cancellation. The Released Parties are not responsible for typographical errors in the Promotion or these rules.
7. CLAIMS/CHOICE OF LAW: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant in connection with any Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the State of New York. All participants who enter a Promotion agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New York and agree to waive the right to a jury trial with respect to any claim or dispute with regard to any aspect of any Promotion or these Official Rules. Any and all claims, judgments and awards in connection with a Promotion shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in connection with such Promotion but in no event attorneys fees; and under no circumstances will an entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and hereby waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
9. WINNER’S LIST: For the names of the winner(s) of a Promotion, please email email@example.com with "Winners Name" in the subject line" within thirty (30) days following the conclusion of the applicable Promotion.