The NY Times, TV Guide and Newsweek Rave Over Joanne Froggatt’s “Committed” Performance in the “Gripping” Liar
Liar airs Wednesdays at 10/9c on SundanceTV, and critics are lauding the show as a “gripping British drama,” highlighting the “brilliant” performances from Joanne Froggatt (Laura) and Ioan Gruffudd (Andrew).
Read on for more:
• Mike Hale of The New York Times lauds the casting of Joanne Froggatt, “who is resolutely believable and committed.”
• TV Guide‘s Malcolm Venable included Liar in the “Editor’s Picks” for Fall 2017 television, praising the “unique storytelling,” and adding, “This series provides no easy answers, and that’s what makes it truly special.”
• Jarrett Wieselman of Buzzfeed says, ”Liar boasts a pair of spectacular performances, an engrossing narrative, and the increasingly rare allure of complete closure at the end of six episodes.”
• Washington Post‘s Hank Stuever Patten says the show is “filled with Fatal Attraction-ish moments of doubt and debate.”
• Tufayel Ahmed of Newsweek praises the ”gripping British drama,” and adds “Froggatt and Gruffudd are brilliant.”
• Parade‘s Paulette Cohn recommends, “If gripping psychological thrillers are up your alley, you will want to check out SundanceTV’s Liar.”
• Paula Chin of Emmys.com calls Liar “a provocative, he-said, she-said thriller.”
• The Journal Gazette‘s George Dickie writes, “It’s a twisting, turning vortex of events that keeps the viewer going back and forth from episode to episode.”
Liar airs Wednesdays at 10/9c on SundanceTV.