“DREAM SCHOOL” Summer Recipe: Celeb Chef Roy Choi’s Salsa Verde
Last season on DREAM SCHOOL, celebrity chef and food truck aficionado Roy Choi cooked up a delicious summer meal with the students. Check out his very own take on salsa verde below, and add it to the chef’s signature Blackjack Quesadilla for the perfect summer dish.
- 4 cups canola oil
- 1 peeled garlic
- 1⁄4 onion, peeled
- 5 jalapenos, stemmed
- 10 bunches cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup roasted sesame seeds
1. Cook garlic and oil in a pot on low heat until brown, stir constantly.
2. Roast jalapenos and onions in pan until almost black.
3. Cool garlic, oil, onions and jalapenos.
4. Once cool, puree with the cilantro, salt, juices and sesame seeds.