Best videos of the week, starring a shark attack
In this week’s collection of the best videos going viral around the Interwebs, we have something for everyone — from extreme sports to fans of Cookie Monster, especially those of you who still can’t get enough of “Call Me Maybe” (looking at you, Clay!). If you don’t like any of these five picks then I’m just going to go ahead and call you a “sonofabitch” (OK, not really, but watch the number 4 video below for the reference).
5. What video has gotten more than 10.5 million YouTube views since it was first uploaded on Monday? That would be this insane video of Kevin Block drift-racing his car like it’s a video game all over the (empty and permit-obtained) streets of San Francisco with various obstacles and challenges along the way. Yes, it’s a “viral” for a skateboard and extreme sport brand, but that doesn’t detract from how badass it is. Now I feel like I need to drink some Mountain Dew and be extreme.
4. Here’s a supercut of all your favorite actors — including our very own Robert Redford — uttering the most eloquent and expressive of imprecations: “Sonofabitch!” Hey screenwriters: Let’s try to use a different expression going forth to mix things up a bit? Maybe “Goshdarnit!” On the other end of this spectrum is this supercut of the “best” confessions of love from television.
3. I think this may be the third or fourth appearance of a “Call Me Maybe”-related video here. As I warned everyone it has become the song of the summer — you can’t stop it; you can only hope to contain it. This week we have Sesame Street‘s Cookie Monster paying homage to his love of cookies with “Share It Maybe.” I bought a package of Milano cookies earlier this week. I shared it with nobody.
2. From America’s heartland of amber waves of grain we have yet another parody. This one brilliantly spoofs LMFAO’s “Sexy and I Know It,” but instead of an anthem to beach bods and banana hammocks, “I’m Farming and I Grow It” salutes agriculture. It’s one song you can all get down, groove and mooo-ve to (cow pun high five!).
1. Talk about the one that jumped the shark: A barely stimulating video of a girl catching a fish becomes a heart-stopping moment in a flash when a shark decides to become involved. The fin-ish (shark pun high five!) is fantastic.