This week's top trending videos starring the zombie invasion
Zombies have leapt from the movie screen into our streets and this week’s trending videos capitalize on this hot news item. The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) had to release a statement recently that stated zombies did not exist. “CDC does not know of a virus or condition that would reanimate the dead or one that would present zombie-like symptoms” wrote agency spokesman David Daigle. Good try David. After finishing writing this I’m headed to my safe house deep in the woods.
5. With all the fears of an actual zombie invasion with the recent news of face eating people drugged up on bath salts, Adam Samberg leveraged his celebrity status to record this PSA reminding people not to eat their fellow citizens. In the meantime here is my elegant solution for dealing with the zombie problems in Florida.
4. Staying on the theme of zombies, this video of a guy dressed like a zombie and roaming the streets of Miami scaring the bath salts out of people was an insta-hit with over 7 million views. Based on how quickly everyone runs away, it looks like all those zombie movies have trained us well. I’m not sure though if all those YouTube views are worth almost getting shot at (see 2:00 mark).
3. Even more creepy and scary than zombies? How about this video with over 1 million views in just two days. The Justin Bieber asked fans to upload their own video interpretation of his song “Boyfriend” and this girl’s submission will haunt your dreams. Those eyes! Those scary big eyes that never blink.
2. Reddit went wild over this UK commercial which perfectly describes what it feels like to walk home with the bags of groceries. This guy only had to walk from his car to the front door but in NYC this epic-ness is amplified when we have to walk multiple blocks with our groceries.
1. On a final uplifting note, PBS reached out to mash-up artist John D. Boswell aka melodysheep on YouTube (someone I previously covered here few years ago) to make a mash-up video incorporating our favorite neighborhood bro-mentor Mister Rogers. It’s pretty wonderful.