Naked News: One more reason cheaters suck… unsafe sex
This week Conan apologizes for a trans joke but unfortunately no one apologizes for genital whitening products, Olympic gender testing, or rape as a plot device to “strengthen” female characters. And we think that everyone who ever judged open relationships as “slutty” should apologize — it turns out that “monogamous” cheaters are way more likely to forgo a condom.
- Study shows that unsafe sex is common when a partner cheats, but that condom use increases in open relationships. Yay for the responsible folks who negotiate non-monogamy!
- What makes you a woman? According to the International Olympic Committee, it’s your testosterone levels.
- Products in India aim to sell women on genital whitening as the cure for what ails their marriage.
- Research shows that teens are getting better at handling sexualized imagery and are not being easily swayed by it. We guess this is a good thing, though the fact that it had to happen depresses us nonetheless.
- Registered sex offenders in Louisiana now have to share their sex offender status on social websites like Facebook.
- Conan O’Brien apologizes for his anti-trans joke. (He referred to Chicago as “the city of the big shoulders” and added that it “was better than the name they almost went with… ‘the unconvincing tranny.’”
- Turns out the FDA did not change its guidelines on how the morning-after pill and copper IUD work after all.
- The New Statesman reports on why rape is now seen as a reasonable way to “strengthen” female characters like Lara Croft.
- A study shows that older dads may pass longevity onto their kids. Which we guess might make up for the fact that they can’t throw a ball in the back yard.
- Wise Guys: How Do Men Feel About Their Girlfriends Kissing Other Women?
- Our Commencement Advice to Grads
- Win a LELO Luxury Couple’s Toy (It’s Easy)!