Monday Mix: Muppet dating advice, porn dilemmas, and more
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens…these are a few of our favorite things making the rounds on the Internets of late:
- Muppet Dating Advice: An awesome article on Slate explains how everyone is either a Chaos Muppet (Cookie Monster, Ernie, Grover, Gonzo, Animal, Miss Piggy, etc.), or an Order Muppet (Burt, Scooter, Kermit, etc.). If you want a happy marriage, the theory goes, you need to pair up with the opposite type — just like Kermit and Miss Piggy, or Burt and Ernie. (And if you don’t? “That’s where Baby Elmos come from.”) You have been warned.
- Stalking Terry Gross: Mike Birbiglia’s short film for This American Life starring Terry Gross is hilarious and pitch-perfect. Though, damn, we were hoping he’d follow her into the bedroom.
- A Couple Decides What Porn To Watch: How many times have you spent hours on the couch, arguing with your partner about what movie to watch on Netflix? We suppose it’s one step up from the nineties, when those arguments took place at Blockbuster. Now imagine trying to pick something a little raunchier…CollegeHumor demonstrates how good relationships are all about compromise, honesty and access to PornHub.
- 21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith in Humanity: The photo of the Chicago christians who showed up to a gay pride parade to apologize for homophobia in the church made our week (and the pic of the tighty-whitey/Christian hug made our year).
- Sad White Babies with Mean Feminist Mommies: Jessica Valenti’s awesome roundup of clip art used to illustrate articles about whether women can “have it all”: “The mean/frazzled/distracted working white mom (because WOC don’t exist in this narrative) who has been fooled into thinking she can have it all by feminism.”
- The Front Desk: My sheets were folded, the radio was playing classical music, someone took a shit in one of my shoes. This web series was created by SNL writer/30 Rock star/babyface John Lutz. What can we say, we’re suckers for poop jokes.