Naked news: the frothy mixture edition
With Santorum’s recent surge in the polls, it’s important to take time out to remind ourselves what a crazy sex-police zealot he is:
- Writing about Santorum’s “Google problem,” a New York Times writer says Dan Savage’s prank was in response merely to the senator’s opposition to gay marriage, so Dan Savage sets him straight (try Santorum’s comparison of homosexuality to bestiality and child rape); the writer corrects his mistake.
- On Funny or Die, Dan Savage comedically threatens to change the definition of the name “Rick” if Santorum doesn’t agree to stop attacking gay people during his campaign.
- Rick “Family Values” Santorum allegedly tipped off friend and fellow Republican Senator John Ensign that his adulterous (i.e sinful, anti-family) affair was about to be leaked to the media back in 2009. Good thing God forgives hypocrisy.
- The Globe and Mail sums up his “holy war against sexual freedom,” including his denunciation of birth control(!).
- Abortion should be illegal, except in the case of Rick Santorum’s wife — hers was okey dokey.
- Famous Rick Santorum quotes as New Yorker cartoons, including the classic “Isn’t that the ultimate homeland security, standing up and defending marriage?”
- And one more from Dan Savage — a photo you won’t believe. (Okay, this one’s just mean.)
- What Men Really Think About Feminism
- What Not to Say in Bed
- Bad Gifts Are Funny When You Don’t Get Them