Top 10 most underrated sex acts
After more than a decade in the sex writing biz, we have seen our share of sexual gimmicks come and go. Today, we would like to highlight ten perennially under-praised sex acts. Think of it as under-doggie-style! (See yesterday’s post for the Top 10 Most Overrated Sexual Acts).
- Using lube. It’s not a crutch, it’s not “insulting” or “slutty” or “presumptuous” to keep some in your nightstand, and it makes sex better for everyone. What’s not to love?
- Manual sex. A.k.a. “hand jobs,” though we think that calling it that undermines all the heavy lifting they’re capable of doing in the bedroom. And look, Ma, no STDs!
- Sharing a sexual fantasy out loud with your partner, during sex. You know, instead of actually asking your mail carrier if they’d like to join you in a threeway.
- Sharing your sexual histories…before you actually sleep with each other. We don’t mean a Four Weddings and a Funeral-style recounting of every lover you’ve ever had and in what position, but rather an honest, down-to-earth, no-bullshit account of your history as it relates to your partner’s sexual health. Just good manners, no?
- Taking naughty Polaroids of each other. There’s the awesome retro factor, the built-in suspense mechanism, plus the fact that they’re not great with detail, which is good news for imperfections and modesty. Oh, and no incriminating negatives or “accidentally” forwardable electronic pics!
- Quickies. Perfect if you’re tired or late for work or don’t want to choose between TV and sex…
- Sex tapes that leave a little to the imagination. We’re talking to you, Paris.
- Missionary position. Okay, maybe this act isn’t underrated by, say, your parents or Lou Dobbs. But for those of you who tend to treat sex like a competitive sport — your parents know a thing or two about a thing or two, okay?
- Making out. And yes, this counts as a sex act. Shame on you if you thought it didn’t.
- Saying “please” and making it sound dirty. Trust us, just try it.
- Top 10 Reasons for Being — and Staying — Monogamous
- Top 10 Reasons for Being — and Staying — Non-Monogamous
- Top 10 Signs You’re Reading Bad Erotica
- Top 10 Songs About Bad Sex