The worst sex and love news of 2010
Every week, all year long, we tell you all about what’s going on in the world of sex and love. Well, not quite all — you might notice that we steer clear of stories about sex crimes (because that’s not the kind of sex this site is about) and stories about teachers sleeping with their students (because we’re not Fox). But everything else, you’ll find here. Not everything we report on pleases us — in fact, some of it straight-up pisses us off. Here are the headlines and studies that depressed us most in the past year. Tune in tomorrow for the news that put a smile back on our faces.
- Economically dependent men are more likely to cheat on their female partners. We remain unconvinced that this is actual proven fact rather than just dubious study, but either way: boo!
- That “six-feet-tall” hottie you’re corresponding with online? Yeah, he’s totally lying.
- Herpes is twice as common in women than men, and three times as common in blacks than whites. A massive 48% of new herpes cases are among black women.
- Some women may have lower sex drives because they experience guilty feelings about being sexually aroused.
- Researchers at King’s College London claim there is no evidence for the existence of the G-spot beyond a woman’s imagination. In other words, please put down your G-spotters and go home. (For the record, we don’t buy this.)
- 15% of Americans have interrupted sex to answer a cellphone call.
- Maybe they were just looking for an excuse to stop: Americans are too tired for sex 25% of the time.
- The web is apparently causing more women to become addicted to pornography (though the definition of “addiction,” in this context, depends on who’s reporting the news).
- The headline says, “Enjoy Your Sex Life at 20 and 30 Because By 45 It’ll Be Over.” Apparently one in three people over 45 said they cut sex short because they didn’t have the energy to finish. And who ran this study? We’re so glad you asked: It’s Kwai Garlic supplement. Subliminal message of the day: Garlique makes you rock out like a 20-year-old in bed!
- We still can’t agree on what it means to have sex. Then again, maybe a little mystery is a good thing, so long as we remember to invite oral and manual to the sex party.
Tune in tomorrow to find out the news that put us in a better mood!
- Sensual Chocolate Treats
- A Vibrator Chess Set
- Jimmyjane’s Form 3
- Sex Books for People You’re Not Sleeping With
- 5 Non-Materialistic Ways to Give