Sex toys to celebrate Earth Day
What better way to celebrate Earth Day today than to experience those earthly delights that come from safe, environmentally friendly sex toys? Just remember what eco-qualities to look for when choosing your party stick:
- Safe materials: You want toys made from non-toxic, non-porous, hypoallergenic, medical-grade, pure materials. Avoid phthalates at all costs (those plastic softeners that make a toy wreak like a vinyl shower curtain or a new car). And just because the packaging mentions silicone doesn’t mean it doesn’t have a bunch of toxic additives. Look for toys made from 100% silicone, surgical steel, safe metal, solid glass, hard plastic like acrylic, or wood.
- Rechargeability: Consider all the batteries you’ll never have to use and throw away when you invest in a rechargeable toy, like Fun Factory’s Delight. Even better: the self-powered, hand-cracked Earth Angel vibe!
- Long-lasting quality: It’s worth investing in high-quality, perhaps slightly pricier items, because they’ll last much longer (which means fewer toys in landfills ultimately). The longer the warranty, the better. Jimmyjane offers a three-year warranty on their items (that’s an eternity in sex toy years!). Their Little line is also the only everlasting vibrator because of its patented replaceable motor system.
- Reputable manufacturers: In addition to Jimmyjane items, check out toys made by Lelo, Fun Factory, Tantus, and Vixen Creations, to name a few.
In honor of Earth Day, Eden Fantasys is having a sale on 33 of their silicone and glass toys (ends tonight at midnight!).
- How to Reconceptualize Male and Female Genitalia
- Can You Ask Your Gyno for Sex Advice?
- Why Some Guys Need Their Friends’ Approval of Their Girlfriend