Green tech finds (12/31/09)
Your last green tech finds of ’09… enjoy!
- The obligatory New Year prediction: 2010 will be a banner year for clean technology, according to investment bank Jeffries, and Greentech Media. Places to watch include Finland and South Korea.
- Tetris meets SimCity meets urban planning: That’s the basic idea between new strategy game City Rain (and that’s a screenshot above). (via sustainablog)
- We’re off to see the wizard…: The Nature Conservancy’s Climate Wizard allows you to visualize historical data and future predictions for climate change anywhere in the world. (via GreenTech Pastures)
- Small university launches big solar power: Florida Gulf Coast University is now home to the US’ largest solar installation sited at a university. (via Cleantechnica)
- The greenest gaming system?: Energy Circle tested the standby power usage of the Wii, the Xbox 360, and the Playstation 3.
- Charging stations closer than gas stations? That’s kind of the plan for London: Mayor Boris Johnson’s Electric Vehicle Delivery plan for London will insure that all city residents are within one mile of a charging station. (via EcoGeek and Treehugger)
- Well, you’ve been on a fast train: Chinese citizens will be singing that one more as China can now boast of the world’s fastest train. (via Triple Pundit)
You find anything that should be here? Let us know…
Image credit: Ovolo Games