SUNfiltered music video roundup
Here’s this week’s round up of music videos that we found during our peregrination through the streets of the Internet.
1. Benjamin Taylor’s “Wicked Way” music video is a winning formula of 15 models singing his song as they morph into one another. Incidentally, he comes from an impressive musical pedigree being that he is the son of James Taylor and Carly Simon.
2. I prefer this animated unofficial music video for Kate Miller-Heidke’s single “The Last Day On Earth” to the actual official one. I’m always a sucker for the retro animated style seen here. Which version do you prefer?
3. Here’s (another) unofficial video for Metronomy’s “On the Motorway” by directing duo Jul and Mat featuring some kalaeidascopic paint.
4. Traveling back in time a bit, “Just A Friend” by Biz Markie gets the literal treatment where the original lyrics are replaced with words describing what’s occurring in the music video. Previously, the Internet gave a collective thumbs up to the literal music video of karaoke favorite “Total Eclipse of the Sun as well as Ah-Ha’s “Take On Me.” My favorite is the literal version of Tears for Fears’ “Head Over Heels.”
5. Lastly, the Internet collectively sighed this week at this video of (500) DAYS OF SUMMER Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel showing off their retro dance moves to Zooey’s band She & Him’s “Why Don’t You Let Me Stay Here?”