Project Green Search looking for the next green model
The fashion industry is working its way towards more sustainable methods of sourcing materials and making clothing; fashion modeling, however, is largely still associated with jetting to Milan and partying with rock stars. A handful of models, though, have focused on integrating their own green values into their work, and serving as the faces and voices of the eco-fashionable lifestyle. Project Green Search, an educational and inspirational arm of fashion retailer Greenloop, would like to add to their ranks, and is sponsoring a search for the next “poster girl” of sustainable couture.
Interested a potential modeling gig that aligns with your values? Project Green Search is looking for entrants who are willing to “Take a stand, get noticed, align your modeling endeavors with your personal beliefs, be an advocate for the environment, animal welfare, fair trade, and human rights. Be the poster girl for what is ok to sell…and what is not.”
The entry period runs through Sept. 16; entrants should be ready to not only submit photos, but also write about what makes them particularly qualified for this competition. They’ll also need to devote ten hours of service to an environmental organization of their choice. Ten finalists chosen by the public will head to Portland Fashion Week in early October for a whirlwind of runway appearances and photo shoots; the winner chosen from that group will receive
- a contract with top tier modeling agencies to provide representation in Portland and Los Angeles for work print, runway and television.
- A professional photography session with fashion photographer Courtney Dailey, complete with organic make-up and sustainable designer clothing.
- A 20 piece Eco-Fashion wardrobe.
- A natural and organic beauty shopping spree at Future Natural.
- And lots of other cool stuff…
Been bit by the green modeling bug? Check it out… but soon: September 16th isn’t far off…