SUNfiltered music videos
This week, our favorite music videos all share a certain upbeat sound that’s perfect for sunny summer weekends. Enjoy, and let us know what you think in the comments!
1. The theatrical music video for Australian duo Empire of the Sun’s (Luke Steel from The Sleepy Jackson and Nick Littlemore from Pnau) catchy electro-pop tune “Walking on a Dream” was shot in Shanghai and directed by Josh Logue.
2. I’m loving the hilarity of Franz Ferdinand’s newly released music video for “Can’t Stop Feeling”
3. I’ve been addicted all week to this electro-pop version “Can You Discover” by Discovery (collaboration between Vampire Weekend keyboardist Rostam Batmanglij and Wes Miles, the lead singer of Ra Ra Riot). Their album was just released this week, which by happenstance also included a remix of Jackson Five’s “I Want You Back.”
4. Hailing from Baltimore, Rye Rye is the first artist signed to M.I.A.’s record label. The music video for her single “Bang” has this retro-aggressive style which perfectly matches her song’s frenetic beat.
5. Lastly, the Internet was raving recently about the music video concept for Lily Allen’s cheery song boldy titled “Fuck You.” The popular crude invective never sounded so sweet! This was directed by Arnaud Boutin and Clement Dozier of Arnaud & Clement.