Naked News (05-05-09)
- The new documentary OUTRAGE, opening this Friday, exposes closeted gay politicians who publicly oppose gay rights. The theory being, why should they get to stay in the closet if they’re actively holding back the gay rights movement in their day job and yet enjoying all its benefits after dark?
- Female dragon lizards in Australia figured out how to avoid sex: They just lie on their backs. Apparently the male dragon lizards can’t mount them in this position, what with them having two penises. Also, when these lizards mate, the male bites the female’s neck, which can pierce her spine and kill her. Combine that with the two penises, and, yeah, we think we’d play dead, too.
- Miss Gay-Marriage-Hatin’ California is still in the news, this time because it turns out that the pageant organization paid for her breast implants. And there we were thinking that beauty pageants were all about celebrating inner beauty. [via]
- Female drunk-driving is on the rise and experts are blaming Sex & the City, even though everyone knows that one of the best things about living in New York City is that no one drives — no drunk-driving, no designated driving, just really scary cab rides. That said, we do blame Sex & the City for making people think that all sex writers spend their rent money on Manolos. We like our Chuck Taylors, thank you very much.
- A librarian digs up a kids’ book called I’m Glad I’m a Boy! I’m Glad I’m a Girl! that makes us very glad it’s 2009. (“Boys invent things. Girls use what boys invent. We need each other!”) Still, how is it possible that this book was still being printed in the 70s?!!
- Same-sex couples flood Iowa municipal facilities to obtain marriage licenses. Oh Iowa, how we have come to love you.
- Meanwhile, same-sex marriage advocates in California brace for the “Day of Decision” when their Supreme Court will decide whether to overturn the voter-approved ban on same-sex marriages. Oh California, how you have disappointed us.