Mother's Day blog roundup
Sunday is Mother’s Day. Take a look at some other blogs written by moms, for moms. Those without kids probably need not apply, but if you’re a mom interested in reading about other mothers’ adventures and misadventures, check these out:
1) Her Bad Mother – from author Catherine Conners. Bad is the new good.
2) (This) Girl’s Gone Child – from Rebecca Woolf, author of Rockabye: From Wild to Child, a “heartfelt and often hilarious account of what happens when an irrepressible young city girl gets pregnant by accident and decides to keep the baby and marry the boyfriend.”
3) Sweetney – from Tracey Gaughran-Perez, a self-described “geeky Gen-X writer from Baltimore. I believe in early afternoon cocktails, the greatness of John Stewart, and that being a smartass is a virtue.”
4) White Trash Mom – Molly Wendland and Michelle Lamar want you to know that perfect moms don’t exist, and real motherhood is messy.
5) Immoral Matriarch – Maria was named after the Virgin Mary, but knows she can never live up to that legacy. She is the Immoral Matriarch.