Green tech finds (5/14/09)
Just in time for the weekend — your round-up of cool green technology news and notes.
- Not planning to download one of the coal industry’s new ringtones? How about one of these greener alternatives…
- The fight against deforestation may one day have its own version of the daisy cutter: the Seedbomb (via Treehugger)
- Not sure what to do with that old clunker car? If ADM, Metabolix, and the US military have their way, composting it may be an alternative in the future.
- Praying for a low electric bill this month? The Prayer Wheel Energy Generator might intercede on your behalf… (via Inhabitat)
- Is your electric vehicle’s battery running on fumes? Shai Agassi’s Better Place demonstrated one of its automated electric vehicle battery-swapping stations in Yokohama, Japan on Tuesday (via CNET Green Tech).
- Got a lead foot? Transport for London is testing out an Intelligent Speed Adaptation technology which will prevent a driver from exceeding the speed limit (and wasting gas) (via EcoGeek and Green Car Congress).
- Looking for the next big thing in clean tech? Google’s bullish on enhanced geothermal.
Have you seen a cool green tech story this week? Let us know in the comments…